From The Beginning to The End
Welcome to our site! (:
Welcome to our site! (:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

viva la revolución

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dim Light (Stormwind)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Lovebird

Lovebird

Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:06 am

Swiftstream sighed. “I know. But you know I don’t say things like that when I don’t mean it. I think it hurt more that you didn’t listen to me.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 1:04 am

Riverstar nodded, laying down beside her. “About earlier, I just thought I was being playful. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 06, 2018 12:47 am

Swiftstream blinked at him. “Since neither of us have eaten yet, I thought we could share a meal.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 11:25 pm

Riverstar stopped at the entrance to his den, gazing at his mate, who was already lying in their nest. Wondering what the mouse was for, he Mewed a familiar greeting of “Hey,” not wanting to say much else just yet.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Graycloud wandered off to get some rest of her own.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 8:02 pm

Puddlepaw hardly even shrugged as his mentor tore off from the rest of the group. Maybe you shouldn’t keep secrets from your clan if you want to be trusted, thought the tom, nearly sneering at his mentor’s idiocy.

Amber smiled softly. “I’m going to try and get some rest. I’ll see you guys at dawn.” Amber stalked off to the warrior’s den, looking forward to getting some rest.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Swiftstream was waiting for Riverstar in the leader's den, a mouse at her paws.

Rainstorm spun on his heel and stalked off without speaking to his patrolmates, fuming. I don't even want to go on this patrol but Riverstar chose the inexperienced she-cat over me ?

"Th-thank you," Graycloud stammered, still giving off a stunned air.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 7:38 pm

Riverstar nodded. “Get some good rest tonight,” recommended the tom before turning and padding back towards his nest. He somewhat dreaded seeing Swiftstream, but he had to face The she-cat at some point.

Puddlepaw turned to his mentor, seeing that the tom was fuming silently.

“Congratulations, Graycloud!” Purred Amber, fixing her namesake eyes on the other she-cat.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 am

Graycloud nodded, yellow eyes still wide at the trust he was showing her. “I understand, Riverstar.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 4:40 am

Riverstar nodded. “It’s a big responsibility, but you can always ask Rainstorm for help.” The tom pointed out, giving his brother a deliberate sidelong glance before returning his dark blue eyes to the young she-cat. “I’m putting a lot of faith in all of you. Remember that you’re there to make friends, not to start a fight.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:34 am

Rainstorm’s scowl darkened but he didn’t dare glare at Graycloud, not with Riverstar right there. And yet again I’m being passed over, he thought bitterly.

Graycloud blinked once, then twice, then helped a little in shock. “M-me?” The young she-cat asked, looking stunned.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:29 am

“Amber will be the pathfinder, but Graycloud will be leading the patrol.” Rainstar said next.

Equally stunned that the senior warrior wouldn’t be the one in charge, both Puddlepaw and Amber’s heads whipped around so they could look at Graycloud, their surprise written on their faces.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 5:38 pm

(Don’t forget to announce who is leading the patrol)

Graycloud ducked her head when Riverstar glanced at her, still feeling uncertain.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am

Riverstar noted that Rainstorm seemed on edge, and scowled at his brother for a moment thoughtfully before turning to the rest of the cats.

“Each of you is going on this mission for a very specific reason. Nobody was the first name off of the top of my head, or otherwise picked randomly. You should be proud of yourselves.” The tom glanced in particular at Amber and Graycloud.

“You’ll leave at dawn. There will be traveling herbs set in your nests so you can leave without making a commotion. Remember, too, that each of you will be essential to the success of the quest and the well-being of your clanmates- just as everyone else will have a responsibility to you.”

Puddlepaw peeked around Graycloud and Amber to glance at Rainstorm distrustfully. Why did Dad have to stick me with him for this?
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 pm

Rainstorm scowled down at his paws, just barely keeping his tail from lashing and his fur from bristling, while Graycloud shifted on her paws, slightly anxious.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 9:53 pm

“I want you four to stay with me for a moment.” Riverstar Mewed quietly to them, before dismissing the rest of the small clan for now.

Puddlepaw waited attentively, though he consciously moved to the other side of Amber from his mentor.

Amber perked her ears, wondering what Riverstar had to say to them.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:45 pm

Rainstorm gave a deeply displeased scowl, not wanting to go on the patrol at all. Sullenly, he padded up to join his patrolmates.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 pm

“...And Rainstorm.” Riverstar finished his summons, which caused Puddlepaw to scowl, his dreams of a journey without his mentor crushed.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 4:31 pm

Graycloud blinked in surprise. But I’ve only been a warrior for two moons! She thought but went up to Riverstar anyway.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

“I’ve selected four cats who will make up the quest patrol. Come to me when I say your name” Riverstar glanced around the throng of cats, picking out each of the four before announcing their names, glancing deliberately at each one as he spoke their names.

“Amber...”

The She-Cat padded forward, having expected this. She was the one that knew the way.

“...Puddlepaw...”

The Tom’s eyes widened excitedly, the prospect of adventure lighting the same fire in him as it did his father. Plus, he’d get a break from Rainstorm!

“...Graycloud...”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 5:07 am

Graycloud pricked her ears, staring up at Riverstar with wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 am

“I have been milling over Amber’s news of another clan lying a few day’s travel from here.” Riverstar began, his dark blue gaze drawing over the gathered throng of cats. “I have decided that it will be worth our while to send a patrol out to discover the fate of this clan, and make peaceful contact with them if they still exist.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 am

The cats quickly started gathering once the call went out and within a few minutes they were all grouped together.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 am

That evening, before sundown, Riverstar padded through the camp entrance and into the clearing, taking a second to quickly groom down some ruffled fur on his shoulder before lifting his head and yowling the traditional summons.

“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather around me for a clan meeting!”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 am

(Sureeee)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Dim Light (Stormwind) - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Dim Light (Stormwind)
Page 19 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next