From The Beginning to The End
Welcome to our site! (:
Welcome to our site! (:
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

viva la revolución

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Desperate Times [Lovebird]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lovebird

Lovebird

Desperate Times [Lovebird] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 pm

After Snowstar left, Flowerheart turned to the pray that the elder tom had left, forcing himself to take bites of it and swallow it down until there was none left. He choked down the last bite and took a moment to bury the remains before rising to his paws. Gently grabbing a hold of the dead warrior’s scruff, he dragged the body out into the clearing, where he called for another warrior to dig a grave for it. Given the cold and the snow and the illness, they could no longer afford to sit vigil for any of their Clan. That taken care of, he returned to his den, returning to diligently taking care of each sick cat under his care and ignoring the exhaustion dragging at his being.
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 6:53 am

A weak exhale left the white tom, feeling as if all hope left him. They had no contact with Starclan at all. Nor did they bother to show them any sign of them being there. He was starting to think that this was how Frostclan was going to end. He shifted on his paws, moving to stand up and glance over to his medicine cat. "That may be true, but I wish they wouldn't have to suffer like this.." Snowstar responded weakly, gaze drifting over the cats that were in their nests. He glanced to Flowerheart, green and blue eyes defeated. "I suppose we just have to wait and see. We don't know who will get infected, or who will die. We just have to hope for the best." The leader said, turning to look at the medicine cat once more. Tail brushing against his shoulder before he left the den. Making his way to his den so he could settle down and rest. The tom eventually closed his eyes and tried to relax and sleep. He awoke later on, feeling absolutely horrible. He laid in his nest, refusing to get up for the longest time. Eyes feeling heavy as he felt too hot in his own fur. That made him feel panicked, afraid he was catching the illness. He couldn't fall to the weakness, not now.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 6:32 am

“I haven’t heard from StarClan either,” Flowerheart divulged, ears back against his head. He stared at the wall of the den with a distant gaze. “Not since Nightfoot died,” he said, mentioning his mentor. The elder medicine cat had been one of the first to fall to the illness, on a day that seemed so long ago now but had been a mere moon from the point in time that they were in now. He could remember that day so clearly, the way the dark-pawed she-cat had struggled for breath after days of agony, only to finally be unable to draw enough in. It had not been an easy death. None of those caused by the illness had been.

He finally blinked and looked away from the den wall, shaking the dark memories from his mind, and to the snowy white tom. “At least if nothing else, the dead can rest easy in StarClan now,” he sighed, ears twitching. “I don’t what we living cats can do. I just don’t.” And therein lay the true despair of the situation for the cats of the Clan: neither their leader nor their medicine cat knew what to do.
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 6:18 am

Relief filled the older tom when the young medicine cat finally agreed to eat something. He shifted up and grabbed the prey he grabbed for the cat. He himself was getting pretty skinny, but it wasn't quite showing under his fluffy white fur yet. He looked over to the lifeless body, sorrow and dread filling him. Glancing over to the cats that laid in the other nests. Hoping they didn't end up down that route, but he didn't know what starclan had in store for them. "I haven't a word from Starclan.. i don't know if they're watching, or if they're the ones who brought this upon us for leaving the clans. But for the first time in moons- I don't know what to do. I feel so defeated. We're low on food and cats, and eventually we're not going to have anything. Then what?" He asked, looking over to the medicine cat he sat beside. Tail twitching and hitting at the ground.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 5:36 am

The young medicine cat’s ear twitched when his leader settled beside him, but he otherwise didn’t react, breathing through the grief that welled up inside of him. He had never been close to the warrior that now lay lifeless before him, but as some long-ago medicine cat had said, to a medicine cat, every cat in their Clan was like their kit. Flowerheart took a breath when Snowstar spoke, ignoring the stench of death and illness that the air brought with it as he listened. He took a moment to push down the grief, to hide it away in its dark corner until a time in the distant future when he felt he could afford to deal with it, then pulled back from the warrior’s body and opened his sky-blue eyes. He glanced up at the elder tom, whiskers quivering with exhaustion, and gave a sigh. “Okay,” he said softly, all fight gone in that moment.
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 5:03 am

After doing his rounds, Snowstar eventually found his way back to the camp. Tail swaying as he continued to think. Wondering why exactly this horrible sickness had taken his clan by storm, and it showed no signs of stopping. Entering the camp, he glanced to the rather small pile of kill that they had. Stepping to the pile, grabbing something so he coyld carry it to Flowerheart. He doubted the medicine cat was eating, and he couldn't just go without eating. He stepped back into the den, dropping the prey he had in his jaws on the ground. Glancing to see where the young tom gad run off to. That was when he noticed that he cat was crouched by a lifeless cat. His ears flattened as he stepped over, looking at the warrior. Shifting down so he could press his nose into the still warm fur. He remained like that for a good few minutes. Pulling his head back to look to Flowerheart, ear twitching as he watched him. "I brought you something to eat. And you aren't going to deny it, because I know you haven't been eating well." Neither had he been eating. Putting his clan above himself, but he knew he couldn't keep it up forever. "Can't have you not eat. You're too inportant." He said, moving to sit beside him, resting his tail on his back. Mismatched eyes glancing over to him.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:31 pm

Flowerheart stared blankly at the wall for several long moments after Snowstar left, taking deep, shuddering breaths. Shaking himself, both physically and mentally, he turned back to Leafstripe, only to find that the she-cat had drifted back into a feverish sleep, leaving him unable to continue coaxing her to eat her medicine. His ears drooped for a moment before he forced them straight again and went to take care of his many other patients. This was how he passed the time while Snowstar was gone, fetching water and herbs and the rare piece of prey for each cat until he came across one of the last ones. His whiskers quivered in grief and resignation when he noticed that the warrior wasn’t breathing and he briefly pushed his nose into the tattered fur, closing his eyes for a moment. Another one who now walked among the stars...
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:54 am

Snowstar opened his maw to respond, tail sweeping along the ground as he listened to the words that Flowerheart spoke. He swallowed and eventually closed his maw, ears drooping as he took in a deep breath. "I hope you know what you're doing, my friend. Don't work yourself to death, we need you." He told him after a long moment of silence. He shifted back onto his paws, running his tail over the other cat's shoulder. Turning to leave the den so he could check on the cats that were in the other dens. When he checked on each and every one, he decided to go out for a stroll. Wanting to clear his mind of the worry and sorrow that weighed down on him. He walked until he he reached a road, gazing across it. They were the only clan in the area. Having broken away from the main clans. Was this their punishment? He traversed beside the road, making sure to remain wary of the monsters that roared along the path. It made him remember how many lives he had left. If henremembered correctly, he had six lives. His tail twitched, finally breaking away from the road to trail back into the woods that they called their home.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 7:19 am

“I-I can’t,” Flowerheart heard the stutter and ignored it, pushing it aside, feeling panic rising up inside of him. “I can’t take a break. What if they die because I wasn’t there?” The tom was looking a little wild-eyed by this point, which combined with his lackluster appearance, was not a good look on him. He pulled his ears back, trying to shift and look away from Snowstar’s pleading gaze. “I- they’re depending on me, and I can’t just- just not be there, and if one of them dies, it’ll be all my fault-“ His voice started to rise in pitch before he remembered himself and cut it off.
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 7:12 am

Snowstar continued to groom his pelt, trying to work out the matted bits. Not wanting to know how uncomfortable they made him feel. His ears flicked as he listened to what Flowerheart had to say in response to him mentioning that he needed a break. "I understand you're determined, my good friend. But even then, there's only so much you can do." The words he uttered made him feel absolutely horrible. That was something that weighed on his heart. Having to understand the fact that there could potentially be nothing they could do besides fighting through. "I don't like to think about it either, but sometimes that's just something that happens." The white tom mumbled through a sigh. Still grooming the medicine cat until he was satisfied with what he achieved. The cat shifted up and moved to meet Flowerheart's gaze. "Just take a break, Flowerheart. A break would do you good." He insisted, practice pleading the young feline to take a break.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:54 am

Flowerheart almost could not bear to listen to Snowstar, almost choking on the grief and fear and desperation that he could practically taste in the elder tom’s voice. He shifted his gaze away from the white-furred leader, following the other’s own gaze to his motionless patients. His ears drooped, what little life he’d gained from Snowstar’s entrance to the den vanishing as he took in the devastation that was being wrought on their Clan. So lost in this was Flowerheart, that he didn’t notice what the leader was moving to do before a tongue was rasping over his pelt. He jumped slightly in surprise and turned his head to look back at Snowstar. “I can’t,” he said simply, voice hoarse and exhausted. “I don’t have time. They need me.”
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:48 am

Snowstar could see the effect the sick cats were having on the medicine cat. He glanced at the cats, a noticable frown on his face. Shoulders drooping as he sat down, tail curling around his paws. "This is the worst things have been. Never had I seen a leaf-bare this bad. I'm worried that the illness will only get worse. We're lacking in warriors, our apprentices are losing their mentors, and we're losing all our elders and kits." The leader could feel his ears droop, eyes working to observe the practically lifeless forms that laid in the nests. "I fear for the worst, Flowerheart. I fear the clan is going to die if we can't get this illness under control." Snowstar wished he knew the cause of this epidemic that was spreading through his clan. It was only a matter of time before they were all gone. They just hoped they could make it through and live to see new-leaf. Green and blue eyes moved to wander over the medicine cat's form. "You need to take care of yourself. We can't afford to lose you right now." He scolded, moving his head over so he could groom the ragged and unwashed pelt.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:31 am

In his den, Flowerheart crouched next to one of the nests holding a sick cat and tried to coax the tabby into eating the herbs he had. “Come on, Leafstripe, you just need to eat these few leaves and then you’ll be done,” he requested, his voice containing an edge of pleading that was sneaking in despite how he tried to hold it back. He’d been attempting to get the she-cat to eat the herbs for several minutes, and it was an unfortunate daily occurrence. Her throat was too raw for any swallowing to be anything but excruciating. It had been an unfortunately common symptom among the cats who fell prey to this illness. His time spent caring for sick cat after sick cat without any breaks and having to watch as, inevitably, they died had taken its toll on the once well-groomed medicine cat. His cream-and-white pelt was unwashed and ragged, his blue eyes had lost their gleam, and he moved as if he were an elder instead of being as young as he was. Flowerheart looked up at the sound of his leader’s voice, his heart breaking yet again as he had to deliver bad news once more. “No,” he answered softly, trying to keep the answer from his patients, though many of them were too lost in fever to listen to him.
Back to top Go down
01MusicWolf10

01MusicWolf10

PostSubject: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 6:16 am

Snowstar sat in his den, green and blue eyes observing the snow that fell from the sky. It was currently leaf-bare, and it had been rough on the whole clan. Cats were getting sick and there wasn't much that could be done. The pure white feline stepped out of his den, glancing up towards the sky. Wondering if starclan was ever going to let up on them. Though it didn't seem as if that was going to be happening anytime soon. The snow just kept piling up, practically locking them in their camp. Snowstar could only pray to Starclan that they could survive until new-leaf. But with how many they've lost now, he was unsure. Stretching, the leader stepped to call for a group to go hunting. Hoping more prey could be found. But even then fresh-kill was becoming so rare. After sending a patrol out, Snowstar padded to the medicine cat den. Tail twitching as he stepped inside. Observing the nests that were filled with sick cats. Heterochromatic eyes falling on his medicine cat. "Are any of them getting better?" He asked quietly, hoping there was at least some good news that could rival all the bad that's been going on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desperate Times [Lovebird]   Desperate Times [Lovebird] Empty

Back to top Go down

Desperate Times [Lovebird]
Page 1 of 1