viva la revolución

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Dim Light (Stormwind)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:30 am

“I’ve selected four cats who will make up the quest patrol. Come to me when I say your name” Riverstar glanced around the throng of cats, picking out each of the four before announcing their names, glancing deliberately at each one as he spoke their names.

“Amber...”

The She-Cat padded forward, having expected this. She was the one that knew the way.

“...Puddlepaw...”

The Tom’s eyes widened excitedly, the prospect of adventure lighting the same fire in him as it did his father. Plus, he’d get a break from Rainstorm!

“...Graycloud...”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:07 am

Graycloud pricked her ears, staring up at Riverstar with wide eyes.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 am

“I have been milling over Amber’s news of another clan lying a few day’s travel from here.” Riverstar began, his dark blue gaze drawing over the gathered throng of cats. “I have decided that it will be worth our while to send a patrol out to discover the fate of this clan, and make peaceful contact with them if they still exist.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 am

The cats quickly started gathering once the call went out and within a few minutes they were all grouped together.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 am

That evening, before sundown, Riverstar padded through the camp entrance and into the clearing, taking a second to quickly groom down some ruffled fur on his shoulder before lifting his head and yowling the traditional summons.

“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather around me for a clan meeting!”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:28 am

(Sureeee)
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:25 am

(We could skip to Riverstar announcing the patrol.)
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:25 pm

(Now what?)
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:09 pm

Riverstar sighed, glancing at his den but deciding against going back there. Instead, he trotted into the forest, hoping to spend the time hunting and clearing his mind in the territory.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:22 pm

Shadowleaf nodded. “All right.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:20 pm

“Thank you for speaking with me,” Riverstar eventually mewed, standing up and shaking out his pelt. “I’ll announce the patrol this evening, and plan on having them leave tomorrow at dawn.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Shadowleaf looked dubious, not seeing how he’d be able to manage that, but dipped her head. You’ll certainly try, at least, she thought.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:48 pm

“I intend on changing that.” Riverstar mewled softly, his gaze hardening. “I am going to make our clan bigger and more prosperous than ever before, Shadowleaf. And it all starts with this quest.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Shadowleaf nodded. “It’s not like there’ll be many ceremonies for you to do with how small our Clan is,” she sighed.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 am

“Of course they are,” purred Riverstar softly, his own blue eyes glowing with anticipation as well. “I can’t wait to conduct their apprenticeship ceremony, either. It will probably be the first ceremony I perform as leader.” The tom was genuinely looking forward to the occasion.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:17 am

“They’re doing well,” she said. “Impatient to become apprentices, of course, but healthy and happy.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:14 am

“Thank you for speaking with me,” Mewed the leader with a respectful dip of his head towards his deputy. The Tom glanced around them quickly. It seemed that neither her nor him were needed right away by another cat, and he didn’t feel ready to face Swiftstream again just yet. So, he asked “How are your kits, Shadowleaf?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Shadowleaf blinked in surprise but didn’t say anything. Truthfully, she hadn’t been looking forward to Rainstorm being the leader of the patrol, either, but she hadn’t actually expected Riverstar to pick Graycloud over him. The young she-cat had only become a warrior two moons before.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:41 pm

Riverstar opened his mouth quickly to say Rainstorm, but thought otherwise even as the name of his brother sat on the tip of his tongue. Sure, the tom was the most senior warrior he’d selected, but he was also secretive, even to his brother and his leader. He still didn’t know what had happened to Rainstorm in the time he spent away from camp, and was distressed that he wouldn’t say.

“...Graycloud.” The tom eventually mewed, sounding a little unconfident in that answer but soon repeating the She-cat’s name with a little more conviction.

“Graycloud will lead the patrol.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:05 pm

Shadowleaf nodded, looking a little relieved. The younger tom was notoriously stubborn and she was surprised she’d managed to get him to agree to even this. “Who will be in charge of the patrol?”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:00 pm

Riverstar nodded, looking down at his paws and thinking for a moment. Puddlepaw And Rainstorm were going. That was non-negotiable; they had to learn to cooperate. So was Amber, since she was the one that knew the way. And between Graycloud and Glaciertail, The tom decided that he’d rather hold on to one of his two most senior warriors to help guard the depleted clan and help keep them fed.

“I’ll remove Glaciertail,” The tom mewed thoughtfully, glancing back up at Shadowleaf.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:24 pm

Shadowleaf pinned her ears back. “Take one of them off the patrol, Riverstar. Five cats can’t feed a total of twelve cats easily. If you send half of us off, we’re going to struggle so much.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:05 pm

Riverstar nodded, acknowledging his deputy’s point. Her way of thinking things through carefully had been the main reason he’d selected her to be his deputy. He needed a deputy with a more thoughtful and rational and practical thought process, and the Queen was that cat exactly.

“You’re right. And the only reason I am not sending a slimmer patrol on this quest is that, as far as we know, there is an even more bloodthirsty group of rogues at their destination.” Riverstar met her eyes as he continued to talk her through his dilemma. “Add that to the fact that their journey will take several days across territory that only one of them somewhat knows, and I believe that they will be in more imminent danger than our camp.” The Tom’s brown furrowed slightly. “Do you see why I feel the need to send half of our able-bodied cats?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Shadowleaf frowned deeply. “Riverstar, just because the rogues aren’t crossing the border at the moment doesn’t mean they never will,” she protested.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:17 pm

“We are safe here,” Replied Riverstar, his dark blue eyes slightly narrowed. “We haven’t even seen so much as a fox.” The tom flicked his head in the direction he had presumed Amber Came from. “Out there? Who knows?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dim Light (Stormwind)   

Back to top Go down

Dim Light (Stormwind)
Page 16 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next