viva la revolución

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:56 am

Lady looked down at her paws. “I don’t know, no, and I figured that if I actually did this I probably wouldn’t be coming back,” she said quietly. “I’ve been mulling over this for a moon, Newt.” She used the shortened version of his name to show him how serious she was being. Usually she didn’t think over ideas for more than a few hours. The previous record was a quarter-moon.

(I have no clue about whether kittypets use another word for moons/months, so...)
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:49 am

Newton finished choking on his food and swallowed a little dramatically, taking a few deep breaths. “Lady,” The tom mewed, “sorry for hurting your feelings, but how far away did they go? Do you even know where to find them? How long you’d be away from your humans?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:39 am

Lady pinned her ears back, a little hurt at his reaction. “I know it sounds ridiculous and dangerous, Newton, but you don’t have to be like that.” The she-cat thought he’d be used to her wanting to do dangerous things by now.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:26 am

Newton’s blue eyes widened, and the tom nearly choked on his half-chewed bite of food. “W-what!? Lady!”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:58 am

Lady nodded. “Yeah. Well, a few of them had to stay behind because they were too old to make the journey, but most of them went.” She hesitated, then quietly added, “I was thinking about going to look for them.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 am

Newton flicked his ear curiously, lifting his face out of the food bowl to look at Lady. A few brown crumbs were stuck to his chin as he mewed “Really? You were related to them? And they had to leave here entirely?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:07 am

Lady sat down and curled her tail around her paws, watching him eat. “Grandmother has been telling me stories all my life about how there were groups of Cats called Clans that used to live in the forest when it was still there. They had to leave when it started getting ripped up, though, and she doesn’t know where they went.” She added, “Some of the Clan cats were actually her and my family. There was her son, her brother, and her brother’s daughters.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:03 am

Newton nodded, glancing around at the fence and imagining the endless twoleg dens That now occupied the space that had been wild before. “Yeah,” He mewed thoughtfully, Before retuning to the food.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:44 am

“It’s hard to believe that there used to be a forest near here,” Lady returned, referencing her grandmother’s stories. “It seems so odd.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:42 am

Newton began to eat gratefully, though he hardly stopped talking to Lady. “It’s hard to believe that place I live wasn’t always there.” The tom flicked his ears as he spoke, glancing up at her. While she lived with her human in one of the older dens, the place he lived was brand new, according to the other loners at least. And while he’d heard stories of cats who lived there before, he assumed they meant other loners like him.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:31 am

Lady nodded in agreement. “I do too.” She glanced over her shoulder when he did. “Sure!” She agreed cheerfully, flicking her tail as she led the way back to her yard, and the bowl of food set out for Newton.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:29 am

Newton pinned his ears back sadly. While he chose not to live with a human, he couldn’t help but feel bad for them, especially the young ones. “That’s too bad. I hope she starts feeling better!” The tom looked over Lady’s shoulder. “Mind if we go back into your yard now? I’m a little hungry.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:37 pm

Lady wrinkled her nose at his mention of what the humans had done. Even she, who lived with them, couldn’t fathom why they did that. She ignored it, though. “I’ve been okay. The youngest human kit seems to be sick, though; she keeps coughing.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:58 pm

“I’ve been alright.” Newton replied, stopping his rubbing and sitting down beside the she-cat. “The humans did that weird thing again, where a bunch of them sat on that thing I live under and yowled all night at a bunch more of them that were on the grass field. They’re so strange.” The male fixed his blue eyes on her pretty greens. “How about you?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 am

Lady happily nuzzled him as he rubbed himself against her. “How have you been since I last saw you?” She asked curiously, the tom having last been at her home three days ago.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:48 am

The loner spotted Lady when she mewed his name and eagerly trotted towards her as well, the tom rubbing himself all over her in a friendly greeting. “Hey, Lady!” He purred loudly.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:06 am

Through her half-closed eyes Lady spotted Newton coming down the sidewalk and she instantly sat up, opening her eyes all the way. Jumping to her paws, she practically ran towards the older tom. “Newton!” She said happily.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:04 am

(Tom it is!)

Name: Newton (goes by Newt sometimes)
Appearance: a gray tabby tom with a white tailtip and a black right hindleg and paw. Blue eyes.
Other: Has no memory of his family. Has lived by himself under a set of bleachers for as long as he can remember. Travels a fair distance every day to speak to Lady and eat from the bowls her human sets out.

Newton traveled along the alleyway, eager to have his daily visit with Lady, his best friend as long as he could remember. The first other cat he ever remembered was the light brown tabby, leading his scrawny, half-starved self to a food bowl in her backyard. They’d been friends ever since, and he enjoyed going to the food bowl daily. Even if there were closer, easier sources of food, he’d never pass up going to see the She-cat. He had no idea what musing his friend had had, and wasn’t expecting their conversation to be too eventful today.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:37 am

(I’d prefer tom, but they can be a she-cat if you wish)
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:35 am

(I forgot to ask, tom or she-cat for me?)
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 am

Name: Lady
Appearance: A light brown tabby she-cat with a white chest and paws, soft fur, and bright, emerald-green eyes.
Other: Princess is her grandmother. They also live on the same street, which is how she’s able to be told stories about the Clans. Her collar is green to match her eyes.

Lady lay on the front lawn of her home, head resting on her paws and tail slowly swishing back and forth over the grass. With her green eyes half-closed, the young kittypet contemplated the idea that she’d had for the past moon: that she go in search of the Clans. While the idea excited her quite a lot, she wasn’t so certain about it because it meant that she’d have to leave behind her grandmother, housefolk, (insert your cat’s name here), and everything else she’d ever known. While she could be a bit naive at times, most of the time she was actually a rather sensible she-cat. She knew she couldn’t treat leaving to find the Clans lightly. She couldn’t just leave and then come back once she’d seen them. Once she found them, she’d probably have to either join the Clans, stay a wild cat without a group, or find another housefolk to take her in. And these reasons were why she was still deliberating over the idea.

Last edited by Lovebird on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)   

Back to top Go down

We’re On An Adventure (Stormwind)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3