viva la revolución

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Finally the two of them reached the exit to the outside and Holly Leaves halted just inside, not wanting to leave the tunnels and out into the open, into the thunderstorm.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:47 am

The flow of rainwater was growing deeper and faster around the paws of the two cats, stripping away the dirt floor of the tunnel as they ascended towards the surface. Fallen Leaves could feel the earth being stripped away from beneath his paws by the torrent and was almost certain they would both be swept back down into the tunnels if they didn’t reach the surface soon.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Holly Leaves flattened her ears when she heard the sound of thunder, slowing down slightly before she forced herself to speed up again. She couldn’t let her fear of thunderstorms keep her from saving Fallen Leaves and herself.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:43 am

Seeing the slight amount of light ahead gave Fallen Leaves new hope. The Tom began to run as much as he could against the increasing current of rainwater rushing past and flooding the caverns below.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:10 am

The tunnel started to lighten, but only a little, as it was also quite dark out in the rain.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Fallen Leaves ran along with Holly Leaves, not wanting to discover what would happen if he fell behind, the torrent of water around their paws increasing in strength and volume.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:11 pm

“I know that!” Holly Leaves snapped. “I’ve lived in these tunnels for a while; I know my way around.” Nevertheless, she sped up more until she was practically running, glancing back at the tom.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:13 am

Fallen Leaves’ eyes widened when Holly Leaves mentioned the possibility of a flood. I hadn’t even thought of that... The male’s eyes and expression darkened with concern, his anxiety rising with every turn they took.

The Tom let out a surprised gasp when something cold began to run over his paws. Straining his eyes in the darkness, the tom noticed water trickling between his pads, confirming that by pressing one of his paws to his face. “Follow the running water, it must be flowing in from the surface!” Suggested the male, panicked.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 am

Hollyleaf winced and glanced back at the tom, quickening her pace. “Hurry up. We want to be out of the tunnels before it floods,” she ordered him, ears pricking to keep listening to the rain and any sounds of water rushing towards them.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:26 am

Fallen Leaves began to walk behind Holly Leaves. Something unknown compelled the tom to follow the stranger before him, a pull that he simply couldn’t place. The Tom followed behind her, getting hopeful every time the tunnel sloped upward before feeling his heart sink down again along with the terrain. At one point, the Tom’s ears flicked when he heard a sound from above. “Do you hear that?” The tom stopped, going totally silent so Holly Leaves could listen in as well. They were close to the surface, close enough that a light thudding could be heard from above. “It’s raining,” The tom mewed flatly, not realizing immediately what implication that had for them.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:56 am

Holly Leaves stared at him silently, remembering that it was supposed to rain that night and he would drown. And in that moment, she decided she wouldn’t let it happen. She nodded her head. “Follow me,” she turned and disappeared into the tunnel.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:38 am

Fallen Leaves looked off to his side, a little embarrassed by his own lack of composure. “Well... could you show me the way out, then?” He glanced back over at Holly Leaves, her green eyes the only thing standing out in the darkness. “I’m afraid I’ll lose my way. I might already have done so, since no cat who made it out has mentioned you before.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:27 am

Holly Leaves frowned at him. “Of course I do. I could hardly live down here if I didn’t know my way around, now could I?”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:01 am

Fallen Leaves pinned his ears back. “And how do you know your way around? Cats from my group have come down here for generations, and many never come back out...”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:48 am

Holly Leaves scowled, drawing herself upright. “No, it’s not! You just think that because you’ve only seen that tunnel,” she nodded towards the tunnel he’d come out of.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:27 am

Fallen Leaves looked around the cavern, unable to help wrinkling his nose in disgust. “You lve down here? But it’s so cramped!” The tom panicked yet again. what if I’m doomed to live down here forever too!?
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:57 pm

Holly Leaves looked almost offended. “Trapped? This wa- is my home!” The black she-cat barely managed to correct her slip-up. The tunnels were the only place she could claim as her own now, ThunderClan didn’t exist yet.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:51 pm

“I-I didn’t think there was anyone else in the tunnels with me. Great spirits, how long have you been trapped down here!?” Fallen Leaves felt his own self-confidence diminishing as he regarded Holly Leaves.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:43 am

Hollyleaf kept her stance wary, gaze fixed on him, while trying to hide how she was drinking the sight of him in. This Fallen Leaves didn’t know her, after all. And StarClan, that thought hurt so much. When he asked her name, she made a split second decision. “My name is Holly Leaves.” She’d left him behind before for ThunderClan, in the future-past, but there was no ThunderClan in this time, much less any of her family. Without that tie, she’d follow him anywhere, even if he didn’t know that. She just hoped his group would allow her to join.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:32 am

Fallen Leaves gasped and jumped back when his pelt brushed up against another, the Tom’s fur fluffing up and his eyes widening comically. He hadn’t seen the black-furred she-cat in the darkness. “What- who are you!?”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Caught up in her overwhelming flood of emotions, Hollyleaf didn’t notice how close the tom had gotten until he literally bumped into her, causing her to jump away with an embarrassing squeak.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:07 pm

Pinning his ears back, Fallen Leaves paced around the cavern, analyzing the smell and the feel of all of the diversions he could possibly take. surely I can feel a draft from the right one... he grew closer to Hollyleaf as he walked around.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:13 pm

Hollyleaf’s breath caught in her throat at the sight of Fallen Leaves, so alive and without all the countless moons of grief weighing down on him, the desperate wish for his friends and family to find him. Her green eyes widened, realizing what that meant. Fallen Leaves is alive… am I in the past? The very idea was ludicrous, but it was the only conclusion she could come up with.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 am

Finally, Fallen Leaves emerged from the tight tunnel, heaving a sigh of relief as he found himself in a more open cavern. The Tom cast a glance upwards at the cave roof, murmuring a silent Thai is to his ancestors for the extra space and air, unaware of the presence of another cat in the tunnels with him.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:53 am

Her whiskers quivered and she tilted her head to the side, realizing the pawsteps had been farther away than she thought. That didn’t stop her from shifting farther back into the shadows in a tunnel on the opposite side of the cave that the pawsteps were coming from.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)   

Back to top Go down

Fallen Holly Leaves (Storm)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next