viva la revolución

HomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:08 am

Firestar noticed Hollyleaf returning from the territories, alone. A look of concern darkened his green gaze, and the tom began to pad towards the black-furred female.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:31 am

As ever, Jayfeather hated the feeling of being helpless that came with being blind, but he was long-used to it and so sucked it up, speeding up slightly when he came to slightly more familiar ground.

Meanwhile, Hollyleaf has made it back to the island safely, still fuming.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:28 am

Lionblaze tried his hardest to empty his mind so there would be less to distract Jayfeather. He felt safer with the blind Tom’s heightened senses around, and would rather they both be wary in case a threat approached.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:14 am

Jayfeather returned his attention to where he put his paws, carefully making his way over the uneven ground.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:11 am

Lionblaze nodded. We need a sign from them, and even that might not be enough to convince the other clans to come together.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:37 am

Jayfeather tilted his head to the side. “Leafpool and Willowshine both believe that StarClan has their reasons and that they will reveal themselves in time. Kestrelpaw is uncertain, because they have yet to give him his full medicine cat name, train him after the death of Barkface (the rest of us have had to finish his training), or appoint a new medicine cat for ShadowClan.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:29 am

“What do the other medicine cats think?” Mewed the tom, before quickly adding “Besides Mothwing, of course.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:18 am

“Maybe your powers are,” Jayfeather said darkly, heading out of the camp. “Reading thoughts, emotions, and memories isn’t so helpful in keeping anyone alive. Not that I’m allowed to leave the island. And I doubt StarClan had anything to do with us surviving this long.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 am

“They must have had some reasoning for it, right?” The tom mewed in reply. “They are the cats that granted us our powers, which is half the reason that the two of us and most of Thunderclan are still alive. They can’t be that bad.” All the same, Lionblaze had his doubts. If they cared, they would have at least sent him an omen, wouldn’t they? It’s been a while but I don’t remember Jayfeather getting any sort of warning.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:59 pm

Jayfeather scowled darkly, both at the mention of StarClan and the thought he caught from Lionblaze. “No,” he said darkly, “and I’m not certain I want them to. They never warned any of us about this.”
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Lionblaze nodded, standing up to get ready to go. “Has Starclan spoken to you recently?” Maybe asking Jayfeather about that would make him feel more useful.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:45 pm

Jayfeather shrugged his shoulders. “I think it’s as good a plan as any. I don’t see what I can do to help though; I’m just a blind medicine cat,” his voice was tinged with bitterness as he added the last part. “We’d better head back to the island and make sure Hollyleaf doesn’t get herself attacked,” he continued before Lionblaze could comment on it.

Hollyleaf retained the presence of mind not to storm through the territory, as the noise would attract infected, but it was just so tempting. Despite not wanting to head back to the island immediately, she started doing so anyway. Staying out too long would have been suicide.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:41 pm

“Hollyleaf!” Lionblaze called after her, sighing. Turning to his brother, the tom mewed “Does what I’m saying make sense? Hollyleaf herself said things can’t continue the way they are, and she’s right. If the dead don’t get to us first, the living are going to tear themselves apart confined to that island.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:30 pm

“We’re separate Clans for a reason!” Hollyleaf snapped, lashing her tail. “And what about when we do reclaim our territories, what then? Will we be able to separate back into our own Clans or will you want us to stay together?” She huffed. “Attempt it if you must. I will nod tell, but I will not help.” She whipped around and stalked out of the old camp.

“That went well,” Jayfeather commented sarcastically.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:22 pm

“Not quite.” Lionblaze pinned her ears at Hollyleaf’s horrified response, needing to gather his thoughts again before returning to what he was saying. “Think about it. For one, we can get rid of those useless scent marker borders that Onestar insisted on that do nothing but take away space from us. Besides that, with the combined strength of every clan, perhaps we could eventually push back into our own territories.”
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:12 pm

“Isn’t that how everything is right now?” Jayfeather questioned, frowning slightly. “It wouldn’t be changing all that much, really. Besides, no one would ever agree to it, much less the leaders.”

Hollyleaf just gaped silently at Lionblaze for several long moments, mouth opening and closing, lost for words. Eventually, she rediscovered speech. “Lionblaze!” she squawked, horrified. “How could you suggest something like that? And how are neither of you horrified at the very thought!?” Her fur bristled.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:31 pm

“As I said, I had a dream the other night. It was about the old camp, I was an apprentice and Longtail was telling a story to us. He was saying that, at one point, Tigerstar manipulated Leopardstar into combining their clans into one, and called it Tigerclan.” Lionblaze gazed around at his siblings, taking in a deep breath despite the powerful smells around them. “I know that was done for all the wrong reasons and did not last very long. But what if the four clans united as one now?” He knew his idea was unlikely, but he thought it might be their best shot at surviving this.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:41 pm

Jayfeather wrinkles his nose as he entered the camp. The scents were stronger for him than they were for his littermates and it was nearly overpowering. “What did you want to talk to us about?” He asked impatiently, rude as ever.

Hollyleaf looked around the abandoned camp, expression a little sad. She missed the days before the infected. At Jayfeather’s question, she turned to look at Lionblaze, expression expectant.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 am

(Good question!)

The golden-brown tom sighed softly when he recognized the sound of a slight amount of running water, indicating they had arrived at Riverclan’s former abode. The tom glanced warily around them and shuddered as he was forced to walk through the water for a few steps, but soon was in the relative safety of the sheltered camp. Scenting the air, all the tom could really smell was decaying herbs and the musty scents of a disused camp. It seemed that any members of Riverclan that had died here had moved on.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:58 pm

(Lionblaze is a golden brown tabby lol.

Also, on Hollyleaf’s wiki page, it says she’s the spitting image of Crowfeather, so I’m like ‘how did no one notice that he was her father, then?’ XD)

Hollyleaf looked around warily once she registered the silence. “Do you hear anything, Jayfeather?” She whisper-asked the medicine cat, who had the sharpest hearing out of the three of them, as he was blind. Jayfeather shook his head in response, though. He couldn’t even hear any of the infected. Of course, most of his attention was on where he placed his paws.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:08 pm

Lionblaze practically stayed glued to Jayfeather's side. While the medicine cat might have memorized Thunderclan's territory, the orange-pelted male doubted that the same applied to the uncharted land of Riverclan, and didn't want his brother twisting a paw so far from safety. The tom was so focused on his brother's safety that it took him a moment to realize just how quiet everything was. No prey scuffling along the undergrowth, no birds flapping through the trees. Just silence, broken occasionally by the soft sounds of the breeze through the leaves of the forest canopy.
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:33 am

Hollyleaf frowned at him. “That’s very far away,” she pointed out dubiously, but knew they’d end up doing it anyway, and so with a sigh, she started heading towards it, walking on Jayfeather’s left side as they always used to do when they were apprentices; Jayfeather in the middle with the other two on either side.
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:30 am

"Further from here. Maybe to Riverclan's old camp." Suggested Lionblaze. "My idea is... radical, to say the least. But as you said, things cannot continue the way they are."
Back to top Go down
Lovebird

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:14 am

Jayfeather carefully made his way along the bridge at what would be considered a very slow pace for cats that could see and were perfectly healthy. Eventually reaching the end, he hopped down and padded a few paces away to make room for his littermates.

Hollyleaf leaped down after Jayfeather, landing lightly and moving to stand beside him. She looked at Lionblaze and made a gesture with her head, as if to say ‘this was your idea, where are we going?’
Back to top Go down
~Stormwind~

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:11 am

"This is necessary." Lionblaze replied simply, following close behind Jayfeather. While the tom could not be beaten in battle, there was no guarantee that whatever sickness had taken the others could not take him if he was scratched or bitten, so he had to keep his wits about him as he crossed the bridge into enemy territory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)   

Back to top Go down

Run Away Bravely (Stormwind)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 23 of 24Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24  Next